*** PLEASE NOTE THAT IN APRIL 2017 IN LOVE FOR AND OBEDIENCE TO THE LORD I GAVE AWAY MOST EVERYTHING, PUT MY HOUSE ON THE MARKET, AND HIT THE ROAD FULL TIME FOR MY MINISTRY WORK WITH A LITTLE CREW OF THE LAST OF THE SWEET AND BELOVED SPECIAL NEEDS & SENIOR RESCUED DOGS IN MY CARE. BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE STORY OF HOW THE LORD BIRTHED THE MINISTRY, AND HOW THE DOGS RELATE, HOW HE LED ME TO HAVE A SANCTUARY-STYLE SITTING FOR THE DOGS BEFORE I WENT OUT ON THE ROAD, PHOTOS OF THE DOGS MANY OF WHOM SADLY HAVE PASSED AWAY. I STOPPED RESCUING DOGS SEVERAL YEARS AGO AS THE LORD LED ME TO BE WHOLLY AVAILABLE TO HIM FOR FULL TIME MINISTRY, AND AM THANKFUL FOR THE YEARS HE ENTRUSTED ME WITH THE DOGS I HAD AND FOR THE LITTLE CREW OF THOSE REMAINING. SHOULD YOU WANT TO SKIP THIS PAGE AND SEE JUST THE LAST OF THE DOGS WHO ARE ON THE ROAD WITH ME, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK HERE. OTHERWISE, PLEASE ENJOY WHAT LIES BELOW, AND I HOPE YOU ARE LED TO VISIT THE REST OF THE WEBSITE FOR LOVE, ENCOURAGEMENT, INSPIRATION, TEACHING, AND MORE.
If you are interested in the possibility of fostering, adopting, donating toward any or all of the dogs or the ministry as a whole, and/or learning about any of the dogs and their stories, or volunteering, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 843-338-2219.
If you’re wondering what a little loving sanctuary-style setting for mostly special needs and senior rescued dogs has to do with a ministry dedicated to sharing the Gospel while ministering the Lord’s love to a world in need that is led by a 100% Jewish woman who dedicates her life 24-7 to the Lord and ministry as an evangelist and author who grew up in a family that didn’t believe in God and neglected her childhood dog and was NOT a dog lover to say the least (me, Lara Love), please enjoy and be blessed and inspired as you continue down this page.
Walk by Faith Ministry was birthed through the amazing true story of a HOMELESS DOG (my beloved co-founder Red), A HOMELESS MAN, A BROKEN WOMAN (me), AN AWESOME GOD, and a WORLD IN NEED. Please see the video just below called Red’s Story and read the more detailed version of Red’s Story and gut-wrenching follow-up when you CLICK HERE .
Then please continue to SCROLL down this page to learn more & to see photos and video!
Little Miss Miracle one day parked herself down by Mommy’s Bible.
While God birthed the ministry through Red’s Story, long before Red came into my life, and before God called me into ministry and ultimately made my calling known as an evangelist, I began rescuing dogs. But though I began what would become nearly 20 years of rescuing, rehabilitating, and re-homing dogs, and what would ultimately become setting up a little sanctuary-style setting specifically for special needs and senior rescued dogs, I found over and again when I went out to physically rescue dogs, or met or talked to people by phone to discuss dogs needing homes and such, I found myself talking to the people about the Lord Jesus Christ.
Little did I know in those years of dog rescue that I was headed into full-time ministry. Considering I had grown up in a Jewish family that didn’t believe in God, that I neglected my childhood dog and had not been a dog lover for much of my life thus far, and that I had never been trained in evangelism, I could not have been more surprised to find that God was leading me into my calling.
Repeatedly, I would find myself in people’s yards, in their homes, on the phone with them, and e-mailing them with the supposed purpose of providing help for dogs in need only to hear myself unexpectedly talking about the Lord and the Bible. Like Jeremiah the prophet in the Old Testament of the Bible, I was to come to discover that my calling and purpose to proclaim the Lord was, and is, literally like a fire in my bones (Jeremiah 20:9) that I simply could not, and cannot, and refuse to, contain.
When years later I had a rock solid foundation of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, had developed an amazing and ever growing relationship with God through Christ, and was several years into full-time ministry through Walk by Faith Ministry which God had led me to start, and it was abundantly clear that the full-time ministry God had called me into would consume so much of my heart and time, I prayed – and begged – God to provide adoptive homes for most of the dogs to lessen my burden and stress and to allow me to focus on Him and ministry without having so much of my time and energy consumed with caring for the dogs. With a bare-bones personal income, a bare-bones ministry budget, no staff, and no regular volunteers, I couldn’t conceive of how I would run the ministry and take care of the numerous dogs and all their needs without burning out.
But no matter how much I cried out to the Lord to provide adoptive homes for the dogs, and/or to send reliable, dependable, ongoing physical help, and no matter how many times I did in fact burn out for periods of time, He would not answer my cries. After a long and very trying period of time during which I could not fathom why God would not at the very least explain to me why He was not providing the adoptive homes for the dogs I so desperately wanted, He revealed to me the role He had designed for the dogs to play in my life and in the ministry. I was shocked to find eight concrete reasons why God had brought these precious dogs into my life and to be part of the ministry. And I was ultimately to realize that love and faithfulness to God who has so mercifully given me the promise of eternal life in Christ and an amazing relationship with Him now and forever through Jesus would mean, and continues to mean, and will always mean, laying down my fleshly desires and submitting to His will in love and obedience even when it doesn’t make sense, even when it’s hard, even when it hurts, for His purpose and His glory.
EIGHT REASONS FOR THE SANCTUARY
- For years, God has used the dogs to bring me into the lives of people who need to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, who need help understanding the Bible and applying it to their lives, who need prayer, and who need love.
- God has for years used the dogs to grow me and refine me by showing me where I fall short in caring for them and by teaching me over time to live according to His ways rather than my own. Love. Patience. Compassion. Kindness. Gentleness. Etc.
- God has taught me endless lessons as I watch the dogs in their daily lives. Learning to trust. Learning to play and laugh. Not complaining about disabilities. Endurance. Perseverance. Trusting in the provider. Love. Forgiveness. Mercy. Patience. Compassion. Obedience. Gentleness. Sensitivity to others’ needs. Loving under pressure. To be thankful. To be faithful to Him. And more!
- The Lord has used me to provide love and care for a group of dogs that would most likely have been euthanized because of their disabilities and due to shelter overcrowding.
- God has used the dogs to bless people with their contagious love and joy and incredibly positive attitudes despite their obvious limitations due to disability.
- God has used the dogs to provide me with a lifestyle whereby in being available to provide for them, I have a flexible lifestyle that enables me to do some of my ministry work like my writing from home and to have the complete flexibility to go out whenever He sends me to do streets ministry and outreach, and discipleship.
- God has provided some of the financial support for the ministry through people who have been led to make donations and/or to be monthly sponsors for the dogs which has allowed me to do the ministry work I am called to do.
- Despite the work of caring for the dogs seven days a week, which can certainly be a challenge at times in multiple ways, God has used the dogs to bless me with canine companionship, love and laughter, nurture and walking buddies, entertainment and inspiration, and joy.
I AM NO ANGEL
Some people call me an angel for working with paralyzed, disabled, blind, deaf, and dying dogs. I am no angel. God gets every ounce of glory. Without Him, I am nothing. With Him, anything is possible. And rest assured staying on top of the care of all the dogs while managing the rest of the ministry requires the love and strength the Lord gives me daily to do the work He has called me to do. I fall short every single day of my life. At times, I have wondered if I should care for these dogs at all given how far I have fallen. But the Lord offers me His endless mercy when I repent, which I do daily as I constantly search and purify my heart by humbling myself, confessing my sins and seeking His forgiveness. He encourages me on, ever reminding me to place my trust in Him as He teaches me to leave behind the ways of this world and to live according to His ways – in love, with mercy and compassion and so very much more!
a special little slideshow…..including some doggies that so sadly are no longer with me!
little video of paralyzed Mr. Simeon delivering newspaper!!
Please feel free to get in touch if you’re ever led……….!!
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE LAST OF THE DOGS WHO ARE ON THE ROAD WITH ME AS THE LORD LED ME IN APRIL 2017 TO GIVE AWAY MOST EVERYTHING, SELL MY HOUSE, AND GO OUT ON THE ROAD FULL-TIME FOR HIM AND MY MINISTRY WORK, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK HERE.