A DEADLY EPIDEMIC……….
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23……
“For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.” Mt. 16:27
The news is filled with stories of one epidemic or another, with this catastrophe or that one, with one tragedy or another. But there is no greater epidemic than this one.
The worldwide epidemic of sin and its horrifying consequences – and of people’s belief that God does not see our sin and that we will not have the ultimate consequences of our sin.
I meet people continually through my ministry work, and I cannot tell you how often I meet people who have convinced themselves God does not see the sin in their hearts and lives – and that they will not ultimately pay the price for their sin.
Friend, here is the truth including the only answer to this epidemic:
* all sin unless atoned for ends in death, hell, and the lake of fire forever apart from God in torment
* God sees all our sin in our hearts and lives. NOTHING is hidden from God!
* God’s only begotten Son Jesus died on the cross to take our sin punishment upon Himself so all who turn from our sins and believe in Him as Lord, truly devoting our lives to God and His ways, are forgiven and given a forever relationship with God. The Spirit of God comes to live inside us to lead us, guide us, grow us in God’s image, equip us, and empower us to live according to God’s ways and to tell the world about Jesus.
* Those of us who do not turn our lives over to the Lord Jesus Christ miss out on the greatest blessing in the universe – the Lord Jesus Christ and spending forever in His presence!
* Even those of us who have devoted our lives to Christ struggle with sin, need to repent when we fall, and will one day have to give an account of our lives before the Lord. Though we will have eternal life because we now belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, we can lose rewards we might otherwise be given based on how we lived out our time on this earth.
Friend, let me repeat this. NOTHING – NOT EVER – is hidden from God. He sees and knows EVERYTHING ABOUT US ALL THE TIME.
If there is anything in your heart or life dishonoring and displeasing and disobedient in the Lord’s eyes, NOW is the time to get rid of it, seek His forgiveness, and move forward in living a life of faith in Christ and sold out commitment to God and His ways!