365 BLESSINGS is a devotional book the Lord has led me to publish piece by piece even as I’m writing it rather than waiting until it’s in print to share it. Please join me & be blessed as I write my latest book…!
“O God, You are my God;
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land
Where there is no water.
So I have looked for You in the sanctuary,
To see Your power and Your glory.
Because Your lovingkindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name.
My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness,
And my mouth shall praise You with joyful lips.
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me.
But those who seek my life, to destroy it,
Shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
They shall fall by the sword;
They shall be a portion for jackals.
But the king shall rejoice in God;
Everyone who swears by Him shall glory;
But the mouth of those who speak lies shall be stopped.” Psalm 63
When I was young, I learned like many young people to play games during long car trips to make the trips go faster. But this isn’t a game. Not in the least. It’s a reality. The Bible is so filled with blessing after blessing a lifetime would likely not be enough to find all the blessings within the Lord’s Word! But oh, what a joy it is to discover the Lord’s bountiful biblical blessings – and to keep our hearts and eyes open for them. Just because I share with you those I find in certain scriptures doesn’t mean there aren’t numerous more. I so encourage you to let the Spirit of God who lives inside Jesus’ followers to teach you God’s Word and how to live by it – and to find the blessings within and to be oh, so very thankful! Psalm 63 has so very many blessings within it. For example, like these:
- The Lord is God! The one true God is Lord!
- We can seek the Lord early – and all the day and night long! He is available to all who repent and call upon His name!
- We can thirst and long for Him and be filled with and refreshed by His Spirit!
- He is all powerful and more glorious than anything or anyone in the universe, and we can see manifestations of His power and glory here on this earth. One day, when this world is gone and we have the new heavens and the new earth, we who follow Jesus will be in His face-to-face forever glorious and powerful presence. Yes, forever!
- We can praise, bless, and glorify Him day in and day out, and He is worthy of all glory all the time – forever!
- His lovingkindness is so precious there are no human words to adequately describe the wonder and wonderfulness of His lovingkindness!
- We can meditate – think about, consider, ponder, and, yes, rejoice! – on the Lord and His Word and His goodness, sovereignty, love, and majesty even as we fall asleep at night, even as we’re up in the night and can’t sleep, and again in the morning and all the day long. His love and goodness never come to an end!
- He is our help and holds us up and strengthens, empowers, loves, forgives, and saves us when we turn to Him in repentance and faith that He is Lord forever!
- We don’t need to seek vengeance on our enemies. The Lord will deal with them if they do not repent and turn to Christ as Lord!