WHERE HAS ALL THE CARING GONE?…….
“But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!” 2 Tim. 3:1-5……….
“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:21
If you’re anything like I am, and others with whom I have spoken, you’ve noticed there seems to be less and less love, caring, and compassion for others in our world today than there once was. Whether it’s customer service representatives at companies who take calls with a blatant lack of care and concern, or whether it’s people out on the streets not helping others out who are obviously in need, or whether it’s families and friends not loving each other as we are called to do, or whether it’s doctors not taking the time with patients with care in their words, or whether it’s people running businesses who care about nothing more nor less than how much money they bring in, or whether it’s employers treating their staff like dirt, more and more it seems love, care, and compassion have been going down the drain.
Should we be surprised? The Lord makes clear in the Bible that as a result of so many people worldwide refusing to turn from their sins and to turn to Him and His ways, the world would spin out of control and into more and more darkness until the Lord Jesus Christ returns to gather together His followers and the final steps begin to unfold before people end up forever in hell apart from Him or in heaven eternally with Him.
Look at the verses above. When people care about nothing more than themselves, than about pleasure and money and earthly treasures, when their hearts are as hardened as stone and they care nothing for the Lord Jesus Christ, then we see less and less caring, don’t we?
* We must love and forgive others with the love of Christ in obedience to Christ.
* We must humbly confess we have our own struggles and repent when the Lord shows us where we ourselves have lacked love, care, and compassion
* We must grow in the image of the Lord and grow in how we show love, care, and compassion to others
* We must model to others the love of Jesus in our words and actions
* We need to continually purify our hearts and lives so that we are pleasing and honoring to the Lord
* We must pray for others, share the Gospel with others, and help others to find and follow Jesus
* We must do what is right in God’s sight even in a world so filled with wrong
* We must not be swallowed up by evil but instead overcome it with what the Lord tells us to overcome it with – GOOD!
In serving the Lord in our everyday lives, we need to love well, love abundantly, love more and more with the love of Jesus! We need to serve the Lord and others with love, care, and compassion. This should be fundamental in our lives following Jesus! For there has never been a greater demonstration nor will there ever be of love, care, and compassion than in Christ! So may we who follow Him be ever more filled with Him and ever more pour out to the world around us the love, care, and compassion He in the Bible so exquisitely models to us!
No matter what is wrong in this world, we must be devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ and to doing what is right! Love, care, and compassion most assuredly included!