Please note the #1 purpose and meaning all human beings were created to have in life is to have a personal relationship with God forever and to love, serve, praise, honor, obey, worship, and glorify Him forever and to love one another. This message is not designed to address this common purpose we all have but is written to encourage others to find and fulfill the individual purpose God has for them and to live on this earth with a strong sense of significance and meaning! May the Lord use the words I have written to bless and encourage many!
Ever felt like your life has no meaning? Like you have no sense of purpose? Like your life has no significance? Like you wonder why God put you on this earth? Like you are too lost, too broken, too depressed, too discouraged, too messed up, too old, too sick, failed too many times, too heartbroken, too grieving, too stuck in the past, too hopeless, too poor, just too far gone, or anything at all for your life to have any meaning? Do you ever feel like what is the point of it all? And like look at all those other people over there who seem to have it all together when you wonder why you should even bother getting out of bed in the morning?
First and foremost, God created you – yes you specifically – on purpose. For a purpose. You did not just appear on this earth by mistake. He purposely, yes purposely, created you. He did not make you by accident. He made you for a reason. The devil may tell you that you have no meaning and purpose. The world may make you think that way. Your flesh may get really depressed thinking this way. But none of this is true. God has plans for you!
Mind you I felt like my life had no meaning FOR DECADES! I was broken beyond human hope and repair! I had no sense of purpose whatsoever! And now, by God’s grace only, I am a totally devoted follower of the Lord Jesus Christ with a stronger sense of purpose and passion than imaginable!
Now let me be very clear. I struggle EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE. I have a pretty hard personal story, and my struggles go on. I do NOT have an easy time at life. I have a hard time lots of the time. BUT MY LIFE HAS MEANING! I HAVE A SENSE OF PURPOSE! I KNOW WHY I AM ON THIS EARTH! I HAVE A LIFE’S CALLING! I HAVE HOPE! AND LOVE, PEACE, AND JOY! Most of all, I have a beautifully intimate, amazing personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ!
Need encouragement finding meaning and purpose in your life? This is what I believe to be the best way to find it:
- Turn from your sins, believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and that He died to pay your sin punishment and was raised from the dead, and truly turn your heart and life over to God and His ways. This is being born again spiritually. God will forgive your sins, give you a forever relationship with Him, and His Holy Spirit will come to live in you.
- Be TOTALLY DEVOTED to the Lord and be absolutely resolved for the rest of your life to love and serve God with all your heart, to read the Bible daily and live by it, develop a deeply personal relationship with the Lord, spend time alone with Him daily praising, worshiping, and praying to Him and hearing and obeying Him. And assemble with and walk alongside other Jesus followers as you love and encourage and help one another to follow Jesus. And be sure to help others to find and follow the Lord.
- Pray your heart out for God to reveal to you your personal individual purpose for Him on this earth, and give 100% to God and to fulfilling your purpose.
- Pray to God and keep your heart and eyes open as He answers to have other Jesus followers in your life to walk alongside you who will love you, pray for you, encourage you, help you follow Jesus day by day, and support you in fulfilling God’s plan and purpose for your life as you bless others in their lives in the same way.
- Praise the Lord for how He blesses you with a sense of significance and purpose and meaning in life. And remember the most important significance any of us can ever have comes in having a forever intimate relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ!
Please be encouraged reading the following Bible verses:
“For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You.” Psalms 139:13-18 NKJV
“Jesus said to him, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.’ This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”” Matthew 22:37-40 NKJV
“If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.” John 12:26 NKJV